Recent events have shocked the world and left us feeling exposed and vulnerable. However, we can implement some simple techniques in our daily lives to make ourselves a "Hard Target" for terrorists (and criminals).
Terrorists = Criminals.
These easy steps will frustrate terrorists/criminals and make them seek other prey:
*** Keep a Low Profile ***
- Your dress, conduct and mannerisms should not attract attention.
- Make an effort to blend into the local environment. This is especially true when traveling.
- Avoid publicity and don't go out in large groups.
- Stay away from civil disturbances and demonstrations.
*** Be Unpredictable ***
- Vary your route to and from work and the time you leave and return home.
- Vary the way you dress.
- Don't exercise at the same time and place every day, never alone, on deserted streets, or country roads.
- Let people close to you know where you are going, what you'll be doing, and when you should be back.
*** Be Alert ***
- Watch for anything/anyone suspicious or out of place. This includes vehicles, delivery vans, etc. parked in your neighborhood.
- Don't give personal information over the telephone, via email, chat rooms, on your website, etc. Don't just throw away periodicals, billing statements, etc. that contain your name, address, account numbers, etc. - shred/destroy the address label or page where such information appears.
- If you think you are being followed, go to a pre- selected secure area (local police station, well lighted public place, etc.).
- Immediately report the incident to the local law enforcement agencies, or your local Embassy (if overseas). Try to note the make/model, color, license plate, driver & passengers, of the suspect vehicle (if you have a cell phone, you can be giving authorities a description while you are enroute to your pre-selected secure area).
This may be a smack of paranoia but those of us that have experience in law enforcement, physical security, anti- terrorism, etc. know that terrorists & criminals often seek out easier "soft targets" rather than the difficult "hard targets".
By implementing the above techniques and the 130+ other methods in my E-book "How To Make Yourself A HARD TARGET For Terrorists", you will significantly enhance you, your loved ones' and friends' safety.
For information on how to obtain your copy, go to: http://www.wbdoyle.com/hardtarget.html" target="_blank">http://www.wbdoyle.com/hardtarget.html ...
...or send a blank email to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org .
Be sure to keep an eye out for the "HARD TARGET" ebook series ("works-in-progress"):
* HARD TARGET Vol 1
"How To Make Yourself A HARD TARGET For Terrorists!"
* HARD TARGET Vol 2
"Your Guide To Terrorism"
* HARD TARGET Vol 3
"Basic Terrorism 101"
* HARD TARGET Vol 4
"How To Increase Your TERRORISM AWARENESS"
* HARD TARGET Vol 5
"Terrorist Incidents 19XX - 2001"
* HARD TARGET Vol 6
"How To PROTECT YOURSELF From Terrorists"
* HARD TARGET Vol 7
"How To DETECT Terrorist/Criminal SURVEILLANCE"
* HARD TARGET Vol 8
"How To Survive As A TERRORIST HOSTAGE"
William B. Doyle served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy and trained over 1000 military personnel, family members & DOD civilians as an Anti-Terrorism Training Officer. He also has experience as a Naval Law Enforce- ment, Physical Security and Force Protection Officer.