Submit Articles | Member Login | Top Authors | Most Popular Articles | Submission Guidelines | Categories | RSS Feeds See As RSS
 
 
   
Forgot Password?    New User?
 
Welcome to Very Good Articles!

ALL » Technology-&-Science >> View Article

By: Tom Riddle
There was an interesting report released by Symantec in 2012 regarding the incidents of data breaches that took place in California. The report consisted of the known trends of data breach that are observed globally. The statistics that were mentioned in that report can be taken in broader sense and can be compared to the national and international facts and figures of data breach. For example, every data breach occurred is not a huge one, computer users is affected more by the small data breaches large in numbers. The report of California’s data breach incidents of 2012 shows that on an average, about 22,500 residents get affected, on the other hand, globally, a data breach incident affects about 28,765 people. There are usually not more than 5 to 8 “mega data breaches” that compromise the information of more than 100,000 people.
It is always difficult to compare results, the similar case is with the facts and figures of the information leakage report of California and the global results of data breach. But, it is very easy to observe that the overall trend of data breach is on the increasing side. When you hear the word ‘data breach’ you often think of hackers and you think rightly so as 55 percent of the information got leaked of California users was due to the interference of any unauthorized users whom you can call hackers. The rest of 45 percent of data breach was the result of a combination of stolen or lost data storing devices, sending emails to the wrong person and other similar carelessness.
Here, if you compare the results of California’s data breach to the global statistics of information leakage, you will not find much of a difference between the outcomes of the both. Online criminals have contributed hugely in international data breach as they were responsible for about 41 percent of the records compromised. After the hackers’ attacks, human factor compromise about 33 percent of the information. Almost 26 percent of the data breached due to infectious systems. That means the trend of leaking information in California in 2012 was quite similar to the global trend.
The reason of such miserable situation of information security in California was the lack of measures of data security. In 2012, about 2.5 million residents if California were affected in 2012, and more than 1.4 million users out of them did not have any sort of security barrier to protect their records. If they had gone for some kind of measures that could Password Protect Folders, the result would have been completely different then. Protecting your data is your basic responsibility, you cannot blame hackers or other powers that want to steal your data. As you secure your dear assets such as your car, your home or any other assets, you have to take some steps to make sure your information remains safe. You have to be aware of the fact that the information you have is the most precious asset, if it gets leaked, it can make you suffer some heavy losses for a long period of time.
For More information please visit:
http://www.newsoftwares.net/folder-protect/
See All articles From Author